Our guide to the Government OLEV Grant
Doing your part for the environment can be a costly endeavour,which is why the UK government created the OLEV grant to helpyou on your way by subsidising up to 75%
(capped at £500) of the charger and installation fee.
The grant is available for most plug-in hybrid and electric cars.
Claiming the grant is easy. We take care of everything for youat macXcharging.
Who are OLEV and EVHS
OLEV: Office for Low Eomission Vehicles
EVHS: Electric Vehicle Home Charging Scheme
OLEV approved installer
Macxcharging only use OLEV approved EV charging point installers
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) will contribute to the costs of your car charging point and its installation in a scheme aimed at encouraging early adoption of electric vehicles (EV). Whether you want to install an EV charging point at home or at work, as a nationwide OLEV approve installer, our authorised installers will guide you through the application process and install your EV charging point
Electric Vehicle Homecharging Scheme
The Electric Vehicle Homecharging Scheme (EVHS) allows you toclaim 75% of the cost of your car Wallstation and its installation, up to a maximum of £500. There are certain criteria that you must meet to qualify for the scheme, take a look below to find out if you can claim £500 of the cost of your EV charging point with the Electric Vehicle Homecharging Scheme.
Are you eligible for the EVHS grant?
- Your home needs to have private or designated off-street parking
- Your EV must appear on the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme eligible vehicle list
- The purchase date must be on or after 1st October 2016
- If it is a company car, you’ll need it for at least six months
- If your car is leased, you’ll need it for at least six months
- You are due to receive delivery of your electric vehicle within four months of the charging point installation
Is your electric vehicle on order? No problem. As long as you have proof of order we can install the charging point up to four months before you receive your new electric car!